Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: >300 8530s and 9330's
My Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

9330 hang on BES activation with latest OS .522

We just started upgrading all our phones to the latest operating system 6.0.0.522. About 60 % of the phones hang on actication to the BES server. What we see is it will stop at some percentage (53% or close ) and just sit there for ever.

When I have the users cancel the activation, there is often a prompt in the background that says something to the effect "the changes made require the device to be restarted, you have x number of attempts, blaa blaa"

I'm thinking that this message is the problem. If we wipe the phone and activate again, it works fine.

Working with BES 4.1.7 for MDS applications

Here is the complete scenario

1. Phone is activated to BES with 6.0.0.415 OS. It has security and application policy applied

2. Phone is wiped

3. New 6.0.0.522 operating system is installed via blackberry desktop manager

4. The BES account is removed from the BES server and a new account is created

5. When complete the phone is activated again

At that point the phone either activates correctly or hangs up.

I'm not really looking for advice on this one, just trying to let someone know there is an issue with .522 unless someone see's something glaringly wrong with what I'm doing.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: 9330 hang on BES activation with latest OS .522

why are you wiping the phone? just run loader.exe and after a mini activation will run.

I upgraded my torch yester day with out issue.

might be MDS version of BES, but I have not used it yet.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor

Good question, and it made me think. 1. I didn't know that Smiley Happy  2. I'm pretty sure my policy doesn't allow OTA upgrades so I was thinking they couldn't upgrade the phone at all.  I actually think I had this happen on a few phones and didn't even realize it. I'll check that out and see if it works for us.

Thanks KNOTTY!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Oh, while you're post will definately help us, the problem is still there in the OS. Smiley Happy