Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

ACT 6.0 sync problem Please help!!!

Thanks for trying to help.  I want to sync my blackberry pearl with Act 6.0.  According to things I have read, Act 6.0 is supported but in the Blackberry Device manager I can't see Act to click on it to set up sync.  I am looking for it in

Blackberry desktop manager, Synchronize, Configuration, Configure Synch...  After all of that I end up at a window with a title of Intellisync - 317d9cc2 - Setup.  After I click on Address book it should give me ACT as one of the choices but it doesn't.  I only get get something called ASCII Importer/Exporter. 

Any ideas?  I already uninstalled and reinstalled ACT.

Thanks for your help.

Re: ACT 6.0 sync problem Please help!!!

Hi:

I am having teh same issue. I have some custom templates and do ont want to upgrade ACT to version 7. I would erally like to make ver 6 work. Any help would be much apreciated !

Thanksm,

Highlighted
New Contributor

Use Outlook as the common interface with Blackberry. It's faster and far better than any other solution out there.

The key is to sync with Outlook. I'd suggest using ACT-Outlook Synchronizer from http://www.personalcrm.com 

Does anyone know how to fix this so that the Sync part of the Desk Top Manager works and Act shows up as one of the options.  I believe I am having the same problem as first two people here.

Thanks,

Brent

Retired

Hello all,

I would recommend asking the same question within the Desktop Software.

BlackBerry Enterprise Server which is what this message forum works directly with mail servers such as Microsoft Exchange, Lotus Domino and Groupwise.

Most users here are BESAdmin's, you might find a better workaround in the Desktop software forum.

New Contributor

it does not appear this interface works with 6.0.  Only versions from 2007 and beyond
New Contributor

i have a blackberry 8330 and have several problems: please note I am not a "techie"

I have been using a palm, do not have outlook but do have ACT 2005 which I will be using as my contact manager and calender.

i have read these threads and followed all the links. I downloaded companion link which seems to work well except that act does not show up as an option to sync as a pim selection. I found on the forum here that I had to download an earlier version of desktop manager that would recognize act and i quote:

If you download and install Desktop Manager version 4.2 Service Pack 2, you will still see ACT as a selection.

The more recent versions of DM do not support ACT.

The "why" I do not know.

I will try this but the other questions I have are:

1 do i need an act application on my bb or does it intutively put data in my bb calender?

2 Will all my data from act contacts transfer cleanly or do i have to set up categories/groups etc in the blackeberry first so they have defined destinations in the bb? 

3 is th bb contact info going to be as detailed as it is in act or will some data be lost/purged/ renamed etc in the transfer because all catergories/items will not be recognized?

thank you for any guidance, in addition can anyone tell me how to get my palm contacts into act? have not had any luck doing import/export functions, data is not recognized.

again, thanks