Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: RIM Z10
My Carrier: PLUS (Poland)

Activate IPAD by certificate NDES

Hi.

I have a problem to setup an activation IPAD by certificate. Any one can halp me to setup BES 10.1.3 propertly?

My NDES server generate certificate but on IPAD Secure Work ask for password to domain account. I didn't find any information or KB that discribe how to propertly setup SCEP profile on BES.

This not make mistakes, who does nothing.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Activate IPAD by certificate NDES

1) setup your CA if you don't already have one. Remember that it needs to be a Microsoft AD-CS
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc731183.aspx

2) once completed install the NDES (network device enrolment service) using the NDES service account you need to create as per the following KB :
http://technet.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/ff955646(v=ws.10).aspx

Remember to use the enterprise NDES deployment and not standalone

then verify it

How to verify SCEP profile settings and NDES configuration requirements for BlackBerry Device Servic...  

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

I do that and my BB10 activated without password to AD account but IPAD ask me to provide a password. I check our CA and both services (UDS i BES) generate certificates for my user but UDS i thing don't use this certificate to authenticate. 

Beside on active sync i don't check certificate is required because when i do that my BlackBerry stop syncing emails and ask me to provide a password. When i check option basic password and accept certificate there is no problem with activation my BlackBerry. 

Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10, BlackBerry Q10, Bold 9900

Hello Tweedle,

Thank you for your question regarding activating an iPAD using SCEP.

It would be best to follow the setup instructions in the Administration guide starting on page 23 in the below guide.

Universal Device Service Version: 10.1.3 -  Advanced Administration Guide

Let me know if you have any other questions.

- LW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Trusted Contributor

So I checked everything again and seems all is ok. U created a scep profile, assign it to the mail profile. On our CA the certificate is generate but nothing I think is send to device. Besides on device I can't use a certificate based authentication, and I think all will be make automatically.
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2
Trusted Contributor

Update. In the certificate with is generated there is a problem with Subject field. Right now there is an CN (common name) and O ( our organization) but I think ndes can't find user in that location to use a certificate for activation. Some help will be nice Smiley Happy
Włodzimierz Lenin

BES 5.0.4,BES 10.2