Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Add Additional Mailbox to a BES BB device

We have a BES V4.0.

Several users with existing BB's on the BES would like to access another shared mailbox through the BES while maintaining their own account already functioning on the BB device.

Is this possible and if so are instructions available.

Best Regards,

Margo

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Add Additional Mailbox to a BES BB device

Knot possible natively on the BES.

There are some 3rd party apps out there, knot sure about for 4.0 though.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Not Specified

Thanks.

What 3rd party apps would do this?

What version of BES?

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

is this still not possible today ? today the only way I manage the thing is create a mailing list that includes :
  • me
  • my colleagues

what I do, is :

1. for some of those emails, I move them to a folder in my exchange email account,
  2. then from time to time, I move the emails in that folder to the shared mailbox.

what happens :

• the email gets il the share mailbox
  • on my exchange account, the mail disappears
  • on my blackBerry device, the emails remain (and I can delete them when the issue is closed).

good point is that :

• everybody still receives the email
  • I have an easy way to get rid of all those emails on my device (view that folder and delete prior last date)
  • only the relevant emails get to that shared mailbox (since I'm in charge of dispatching the emails)

bad point is that :

• email is present both the mailbox of my colleagues, and the share mailbox
  • I am the only one who can do the dispatch, otherwise I can't master the disappearance of those emails on my device
  • I have to wait a bit between the time when I move the email in my special folder and when I can move them out of my account into the shared mailbox
  • it takes time

now, that shared mailbox will be dedicated do doing support (kind of HelpDesk).

>>>>> How do you guys do to manage those kind of things ? <<<<<

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: