Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Administrator Question

All blackberry services are showing up "log on as" domain\besadmin and yes I am logged in as besadmin

All of the services are running except blackberry database consistency service and blackberry attachment service shows

"log on as" Local System.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

So can you see it logged on as someone else? I mean I am not sure I unerstand, is it brand new install? If it is old, could you ever see domain? What is different between "When I logon as besadmin.." from your initial post and now? It seems that you somehow don't connect to a a server where your DB resides?
New Contributor

I've been logging onto the BES server as "besadmin" so nothing has changed login wise since my first post.  The install is a fairly new, BES was installed on this machine back in January earlier this year.  We are starting to implement BES at the company I work for and I'm taking over this project from someone that left the company. When I first encountered this problem I went back through every step to verify everything was done correctly during the install procedures.
Forums Advisor I

Under Tools>Options> make sure under Database server name and database name are correct.

Fact:

Whatever account was used to install BES becomes Security administrator. That role will enable BES to assign roles to other accounts if needed.

Problem: 

Either Besadmin has no rim_db_admin_security in sql 2005 server assigned or you are pointed to a wrong db and sql server.

How many users do you have?

New Contributor

If referring to number of users on the BES server and BES DB then just one.  I verified that it's pointing to the correct DB.  I got on the SQL server and checked the login properties for besadmin.  The login name and default DB were correct, under server roles dbcreator, public, serveradmin, and sysadmin are checked.  In user mapping, besadmin is mapped to the besmgmt DB, user: dbo and default schema: dbo.  Schemas owned by dbo are db_accessadmin, db_owner, rim_db_admin_security, rim_db_server.

Forums Advisor I

If BES has only one user I'd be tempted to just do clean uninstall and go clean. It might be way faster to do just that rather then troubleshoot something that sounds really weird.

Use the same acct. and create new DB. Make sure you copy licences,and SRO info prior to uninstall. Sorry I could not help you more.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

The permissions being set incorrectly is the only thing I can think of that would cause that problem, I agree with reinstalling to fix, but I'd double check the permissions one more time.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!