Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Administrator Question

When I'm logged in as besadmin, I'm not able to access the blackberry domain in blackberry manager.  Are there any permissions that need to be enabled on SQL Server 2005 or Active Directory? I've looked through the administration guide but was not able to find anything helpful.  Thanks.

-SQL Server 2005 for BES is on a remote machine

-Running Server 2003 with Exchange

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Administrator Question

This article should explain what permissions BESAdmin needs

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02276&slic...

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
New Contributor

Thanks for getting back to me, I verified that besadmin server roles were set to db_creator, serveradmin, and sysadmin.  I also verified that besadmin has local admin rights to the server, verified that it had the correct local security policy, as instructed.  Lastly I verified exchange permissions at the admin group level and server level along with send as permission at the domain level.

I'm still not able to see blackberry domain in blackberry manager.  Do you have any other ideas or suggestions?

Thanks again for the help.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Does it display in Upper right corner of the BB Manager window: Blackberry Manager - Security Administrator Authority? If not you may have problem right there.
New Contributor

No it does not, it just has Blackberry Manager in the title bar when the program is open.
Forums Advisor I

So maybe you should execute Blackberry Manager shortcut under Program files/Blackberry .... rather then Legacy Blackberry Manager ....
New Contributor

I am.

Forums Advisor I

If you don't see that then some other account is Security administrator. By Default is the account that BES was installed with. You sure you are logged on as right account?
New Contributor

Yes, I'm currently logged onto server that BES is installed on, as user besadmin.  I verified that besadmin is the DBO of the BESmgmt DB.
Forums Advisor I

Check accunt that services are running under? Is that the same account you are logged on as?