Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Assigning Outlook tasks to another user

I know that I can forward a task or memo as an email to another user, however it comes to the recipient in the form of an email and does not go straight to their tasks in Outlook. We all use Blackberry Curve 8330's and we are using a Blackberry Enterprise Server License.

Our company uses Outlook and if you are sending a task to another user from your PC it comes in the form of an email notification that they then accept and the task ends up in the "Task" section of their Outlook.

It seems that I cannot send anyone a task from the Blackberry that will prompt them to accept a task. It only comes into their inbox as a regular email with no prompt to accept. Is there a patch or software that will allow me to utilize the task feature as it should be?

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Assigning Outlook tasks to another user

You're right, there isn't a way to send tasks as anything other than an email message. I'm not aware of any third-party applications that will allow you to do it either, though someone else might have a suggestion.