Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Attachment Viewing

We are still running the prehistoric v3.6 of BES and have it integrated with Exchange 2003.  We have several users (most with Curves) who are wishing to view email attachments such as .pdf, but are unable to.  All of the plans are through Sprint and are the Total Everything plan.  One rep at Sprint said that we still needed to pay another $20/month to get some sort of Blackberry server service that allows the viewing of attachments, or that it's our server software's fault.  In my reading on the support sites, it seems we might need to subscribe to the Internet Service of Blackberry and then be running a particular version of Blackberry software on the individual devices?  Does anyone know what the real story his here?  I find Sprint to be misguided at best, misleading at worst.  My users don't like the idea of having to forward Exchange emails to their sprint accounts just to be able to view attachments.  Thanks in advance!
Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Attachment Viewing

First, here's a comparison of BES 3.6 version 4.1 SP6.  I honestly can't remember what the attachment limitations are with 3.6

If your BlackBerry handhelds have accounts on the BES and are functioning then you don't need any additions / changes with your carrier.

If your devices are curves then they all have HH OS 4.1 or above I think. What you should do is look to upgrade the 3.6 BES to 4.1 SP6 with a one-time upgrade for $999 USD

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/