Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BBMGRW32.exe

HI,

I have a problem with the BB Manager on a Windows XP SP2 & the bes server itself (Win2k3 SP2).

BES version is 4.1.5.24.

When I open the Blackberry Manager and select Blackberry Domain -> Edit properties, the bbmgrw32.exe process raised to 98% cpu utilization and memory risis somewhere inbetween 150 - 350 mb and stays like this for a long time.

The properties that I'm trying to open do not appear then.

Any suggestions?

Retired

Re: BBMGRW32.exe

Hello Jacob,

When BlackBerry Manager executable is executed, it tries to connect to the BESMgmt database.

Can you provide some information like

1. How many BES's are involved

2. How many user's per BES

3. Ping times between your Windows XP workstation to your SQL server

4. Is SQL local or remote compared to where BlackBerry services are running (If you can provide version of SQL as well please)

5. Named pipes and TCPIP are the 2 protocols enabled on the instance on which our database (BESMgmt) resides

6. After the CPU spike to 98% for a very long time does the BlackBerry Manager eventually display users, and all other relevant information? or do you have to manually kill the task?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

1. Two Blackberry Enterprise Servers are involved.

2. 140 users on each BES

3. Varying from less then 1 to 3 ms on both machines.

4. Sql 2000 Sp4 on a remote dedicated SQL Server

5. Named pipes and TCPIP are both enabled.

6. After the cpu reached it's top, the program freezes and I have to kill the proces or app through task manager.

The weird thing is that I do can see my users and do stuff with it, also browsing MDS properties etc are doing fine.

But after opening the BB manager, and opening the properties of the BB domain the app hangs. 

Message Edited by Jacob on 05-20-2008 03:24 PM
Contributor

Does anyone has an idea maybe?

This also happends when I'm useing the BB manager on the BES server.

BlackBerry Employee

Since the issue occurs on the remote console I would think its going to be DB related issue. How big is the database size itself? Just curious as there might be some tables that the manager is trying to access that have numerous records. In this case I would think it would have to be in thousands for it to hang. Im not a SQL guru but I believe there are queries you can run on the BESMgmt that can show you how big each table is or how many records each table has. 

Another thing you can try is run SQL profiler and see what's going on at the SQL level during the hang. I would think profiler will show you at least which tables are trying to be accessed when the manager is opened. Just a thought.

Highlighted
Contributor

THx for all your input, suddenly it all started working again when I turned off the enterprise device policy.