Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES 4.1.6.22 (SP6 MR7) w/ Exchange 2007 SP2 - Calendaring Issues (CDO.dll)

After a few false starts, I finally figured out what the issue was.  I started a case with BlackBerry tech support and they worked to convince me that the issue was not on their end.  I (skeptically) accepted this fact and started looking elsewhere.  After modifying minor things that the Microsoft Exchange Best Practices Analyzer suggested, I still hadn't figured anything out.

I looked a bit harder at my logs and found that whenever the 8206 and 8207 errors showed up, there was an accompanying DCOM 10015 error in the System log.  After correcting the DCOM permissions manually, I noticed that Exchange was acting even weirder than before (timeouts, lockups).  I quickly reverted the changes I'd made and enlisted the help of Google yet again.

I started getting a lot of results implicating Symantec Information Foundation Security for Microsoft Exchange [most tedious name for a product EVER].  I disabled the service on the Exchange server and voila!; no more errors.  I tried upgrading the SIFSME product to the latest version (in-place), but the errors remained.

The solution ended up being a full uninstall, reboot, reinstall of SIFSME.  8207/8207 errors disappeared, as did the 10015.  My calendar synchronization with the BlackBerry is working as expected again.  I've also noticed that Exchange is slowly rooting out corruption with the calendars as evidenced by the 8230 event IDs in the Application log telling me that it's repairing inconsistencies.

In short, SIFSME doesn't handle Exchange 2007 SP1 --> SP2 upgrades gracefully.  If I could do it over from the start, I'd uninstall SIFSME for the Exchange upgrade and then reinstall when finished.

Thanks for your help.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Thanks for sharing the solution with us. I am sure it might help others in the future.

Guess SIFSME needs a KB written for it when upgrading Exchange.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner - I was on holidays without internet access... on a farmstay... Great Holiday!

Good to here and thanks. I can keep this one in my repitiore.....

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq