Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 4.1.6.9 Server move

You can with a migration kit but you will still need to move the database at some point to turn off the old BES.

Knife edge is not harder than a migration.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ok. Thanks.

I currently moving the DB....do I need to do the following step? I'm using MSDE2000a on both servers.

Step 4

Update the BlackBerry Configuration Database schema.

Important: If the BlackBerry Enterprise Server software was installed to create a blank BlackBerry Configuration Database on a new Microsoft SQL Server instance, do not perform the following task because the schema has already been updated.

1. Download the installation package for the version of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server that is being used.
  2. Extract the contents of the installation package.
  3. Copy the Database folder to the new Microsoft SQL Server.

Note: The default location of this folder is c:\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.x.x\Database.
  4. Go to the Database folder and open the BESMgmt.cfg file in a text editor, such as Notepad.
  5. Locate the DB_NAME=BESMgmt line and make sure that the name specified matches the BlackBerry Configuration Database name.
  6. If you are using a named instance of Microsoft SQL Server, change the SERVER=local line to SERVER=<Microsoft_Server_Name>\ <instance_name> and close the file. Save the changes.
  7. From a command prompt, go to the Database directory.
  8. Type createdb.exe BESMgmt.cfg and press Enter.
  9. After the command has finished executing, close the command prompt.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Yes you have to do this part.

The database jobs need to be setup before a SQL restore can begin.

why not use SQL express 2005, it is a lot better in the long run.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

OK. That part done.

So can I now install BES? Also, since I'm also migrating the Exchange mailboxes, should I first move all the BB enabled mailboxes over to the new mailbox server?

Thanks again,

morjo619

Guru III
My Device:

One thing at a time. Do the BES move first then we can move mailboxes after.

Contributor

Ok. So the BES server doesn't necessarily need to live on the same Exchange server where the mailboxes live?
Guru III
My Device:

BES should not be installed on the Exchange server, unless it is a VM.

Only BPS is supported that way.

Contributor

It worked like a champ! But now I have a problem with the browser on all the phones. We have a web filtering service internally to the company, when they try to access the internet on the phone they get denied by the web filtering service. How do I bypass that?

thanks for all your help!!!

Guru III
My Device:

You might have configured a Proxy and the IP of BES changed.

Could be a simple firewall rule.

Highlighted
Contributor

I'm up and running. I disabled the BlackBerry browser in the default policy and it took care of my issue.

I definitely appreciate all your help!!!

morjo619