Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES 4.1.6 and OCS client

I understand that BES 4.1.6 supports the OCS 2007 client on handhelds.

Does anyone know how I can actually install the OCS client though? And is there anything I need to configure on the BES side for this to work?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 4.1.6 and OCS client

Look here

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Regular Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks....it doesn't show me what I need to do on the server side though (if anything) and also how I can roll this out to Blackberry clients?

I assume I can roll this out via a Software Configuration, but can this be applied to certain users/groups only - not everyone may want an OCS client on their handheld, and it would be better to test this first too!

Thanks again.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Have you set up the BES already? when you first set it up, you should get a screen that says are you planning on using a messanging enviroment.  If its already set up, there are a handful of KB articles that will show you how to turn it on.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!