Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: RIM 8520
My Carrier: Orange

BES 4.1.7.23 - Users receiving email in builk??

[ Edited ]

Hi

for a few months now, we have had users reporting that they are receiving their Emails on their blackberrys in bulk. The emails will appear on their Outlook (via MS Exchange), fine, however nothing apepars on their device for a while and then all of a sudden they will receive a bulk.

Device: Curve 8310

There are no errors on the BES, and it doesnt appear to happen for everyone. Nothing has changed, everyone has the same version software on their devices. It can happen in the office, or out and about so its not confined to one area (signal doesn't appear to be an issue)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES 4.1.7.23 - Users receiving email in builk??

Try a Battery pull please, with the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery 15 seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot device. This will clear all cache liek rebooting a PC. Then try again and see if your problem persists.

the 8310 have a limited amount of memory, you can view user stats in BB Manager for the user and see how much memory they have left.

Did the user enable encryption on device? That can cause it to an extent if it is locked.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: RIM 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the quick reply. I will get some of the users to do this to see if it has any effect

How do I see how much memory they are using? it shows how much memory the device has, but not how much is used

All devices are encrypted via a policy

Thanks

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

IIRC double click on a user in BB manager and go through the menu on left and some whwere shows free memory of the device

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V