Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: MTN

BES Enterprise Error 5305

Hi all.

hope some one can help me .

Im sitting with a weird situation. We have a BES express server and a BES Enterprise server in the same Domain. They are both using the same Service account to log on and to start the services of the BES servers. The BES Express is working like a charm.. All users receiving mail... Able to send etc etc etc. On the Enterprise server.. We have been getting the following errors.

The MAGT's stop with error 5305..

When I do a IEMSTest, I get the following

c:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\Utility>iemstest
BlackBerry Enterprise Server Utility - IEMSTest.exe (IExchangeManageStore), Version 1.0
Copyright (c) Research In Motion, Ltd. 1999. All rights reserved.
OpenMsgStore() for this profile failed (8004011d)

I have checked and the service account is still in the same mailbox that it resided in.. Nothing has changed on the exchange side of things nor was there any changes to the Throttling policies. It is not the account as the BES express server that uses the same account to the same exchange works 100% fine..

I have deleted and recreated the MAPI profile on the Enterprise server.

The services start fine with the BES service account

I have officially ran out of ideas on what to check..

SI there any other suggestions that can help in this instance. If you need more logs etc please let me know urgently.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES Enterprise Error 5305

did you reboot the BES server?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

HI

I have bnooted the BES server several times already.. with no difference in the problem

New Contributor

HI

I have booted the BES server several times already.. With no difference in the problem

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

go through this list

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB01018

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

Hi all..

I found the problem, well I assume it is the problem. I picked up that the Blackberry Server name changed from MmceNvapp4 to Mmcevapp4. Problem is I don't know where to change this back to the original Server name. The problem is that the logs show that the Router, Sync and some other services.

This is what I get out of the log files.

Starting BlackBerry Mailbox Agent 2 for Server mmcevapp4 - Version 5.0.3.84

BlackBerry Messaging Agent mmcevapp4 Agent 1 failed to start. Error code 5305

This incorrect server name has also been replicated to the DB..

What I want to know is how to rename it back to the original server name.

Any ideas?

Guru III
My Device:

right click my computer and choose properties, go to computer name and change it

New Contributor

HI

The computer name in Windows is correct. REsolves correct when pinged and nslookup'd  If you do hostname in cmd on the box it is also correct.. But somehow the Blackberry Server name got changed. So the Blackberry Server name in the BES configs is different than the Computer it is hosted on..