Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES, Exchange 2003 adding Exchange 2007 & Calendar one way Sync issues

I've seen lots of messages about calendar problems and one way syncing, now it's my turn I guess. 

We've added an Exchange 2007 sever running on Server 2008 into our exchange network.  We will be moving all users at some point, but for now we are in testing mode on the 2007 unit. I've moved myself over to the new server and everything is fine except appointments made on the BB unit are not being sync'd to the desktop outlook.  Outlook to BB is fine, as well as mail, tasks, etc.

I've done all the permissions and checked them, they appear to be fine.  Users still on the 2003 server are not experiencing any issues.  New users to 2007 have the same issues as migrated ones.  The problem appears to be a permissions issue, but I don't know where else to look, or check.  Wireless sync is on, etc.

I cannot find any articles about using both 2003 and 2007 (lots of single server installations and problems for either platform), or adding a 2007 server to the mix.  The one article seems to suggest that the BES admin account should be migrated to the 2007 server with the MAPI connections made there and they will backwards work with the 2003 accounts.

I've applied the MAPI CDO for 2007 to the 2007 box according to MS TID on the topic.  All permissions appear correct for the BES admin account.

There is an article about upgrading from 2003 to 2007, but I'm not upgrading, I'm adding 2007 and intend on keeping it for some time.  I did however process the 2007 exchange like it was a new system to the extent that those changes apply to the 2007 server.  There is no information about dual systems that I can find.

Any suggestions would be great since I've spent about two days on this problem and am unable to verify or find anyone doing what I'm doing (at least having problems anyway).

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: BES, Exchange 2003 adding Exchange 2007 & Calendar one way Sync issues

Sounds like you've done all the correct steps, and everything I would of done.  Have you tried taking a look through the BES logs see if you see anything out of whack?

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Regular Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000

Can you list the permissions you have assigned to the besadmin account on Exchange 2007?

Can you confirm if you have Generic Read and Generic Write assigned to the account?

WhackBerry_
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Turns out that for some reason I assumed the BESAdmin account was the account the services were being operated under.  Someone at some point had changed the service account to another account and I didn't know that, so I in fact did everything correct for an account that wasn't being used as the service login account.  Amazingly enough when I fixed the services to use the BESAdmin account that was already there (ad the one that I had made all of the 2007 requirements for permission to have) everything instantly worked correctly.

Problem solved.

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

I was thinking that it was something like that too, but hey its working right? good luck Smiley Happy

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!