Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES/Microsoft Exchange

I am trying to set up my work email and calendar.  I need to use Microsoft Exchange which I know I use through BES.  I know that I have seen instructions for doing so here, but am unable to find those instructions now.  Would someone please direct me to them?

I have a Curve 8330.  Thanks!

Deb

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: Telus

Re: BES/Microsoft Exchange

you need to activate to the BES

either open DTM on your work PC and generate a key when it asks you to

or call your IT department to give you an activation password

then go to options- advanced options- enterprise activation

Highlighted
Contributor

Please, more of an explanation or direct me to a tutorial.  While I am fairly computer literate, I'm not familiar with your terminology here. 
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Are you the BES admin or end user?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Veteran I

you need to contact your IT department and have them help you activate to the BES
New Contributor

It sounds like you are a user rather than an IT administrator. If so, the IT dept holds all the cards on getting you set up on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES). This service requires licensing, so they are no doubt restrictive on who gets an account to sync with their email servers. Our org, for instance, does not allow any personal BlackBerry (BB) phones to sync via BES because of this licensing cost; Windows Mobile phones can sync for free. You can sync to Exchange email through the Email Setup on the BB, but this does not sync any other items (calendar, contacts, tasks, etc.).

IF your IT dept will allow you to sync, they should be able to get your phone setup. It is really very simple (Options --> Advanced Options --> Enterprise Activation; enter your email address and the IT-provided password they set on the BES).

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

maybe we should all give the OP a chance to answer the question posed by knottyrope Smiley Happy
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Forums Veteran I

there is no need to wait for that answer, if the OP got confused by my terminology above that post, then the OP is an end user and needs to contact their IT for help activating to their BES.

This would probably explain why they havent been back to the thread because they did that already and never looked back

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

drizzt09 wrote:

there is no need to wait for that answer, if the OP got confused by my terminology above that post, then the OP is an end user and needs to contact their IT for help activating to their BES.

This would probably explain why they havent been back to the thread because they did that already and never looked back

Or maybe they don't have thread notifications enabled or went away for a few days.  You could absolutely be right and most likely are ... but give someone the benefit of the doubt.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/