Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BES-SQL-ConnectionLost

Almost 5gb
New Contributor
My Device: 8310

From a network perspective I would say to try an extended ping. As in start it first thing in the morning and let it run till the following morning.  It would be best to start it on a Monday Morning before most of your people are getting up and let it run till Tuesday morning after most people have started their second cup of coffee.  When you stop the ping you will want to look at your MAX time as this will indicate if there is a little something off.  You might only have 1 or 2 dropped packets in a 24 to 28 hour time frame, but if they are the right 2 or 3 you will prove that there is a problem and then you will need to take the time to set up a packet sniffer to really log the traffic between the two servers.  The last time I had something as irregular as that it turned out that the ports linking two Cisco switches were set to Auto on speed and duplex and at very odd times they would decide to renegotiate and cause just enough packets to be lost to drop a few random phone calls, but nothing else.

I hope it helps.

Jeff Sorrells, CISSP, CCNA
Dallas County Schools

============================================
I worked for a long time to create something good for this, but then decided it was hopeless like most of the people I have worked with.
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks, I will give that a try. I've been out of the office for the last week and it happened 3 times while I was gone.