Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: 8100 Pearl

BES User Setup (MS Exchange)

Is it possible for me to get the users PIN and enter it in my BES and it activates them? Cause right now I have to have them enter in their Email address and a Password I provide, but some of my users are just not good with a BB keyboard and I would like to make it easier. So is it possible to add a user to a MS Exchange BES if they provide me just their PIN?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES User Setup (MS Exchange)

If they cant type, then how will they use it?

OTA EA is the easiest way to do it.

edit properties on the BB domain

change length to 4 if it is not(maybe you need a fancy pass IDK)

make it 7100 friendly and choose how many hours to expire.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor
My Device: 8100 Pearl

I agree with you. But I question some of these users on how they tie their shoes in the morning. I was looking for another way to make it that much easier. I'll keep looking, because I've heard of it being possible.

T

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I do not know if it possible.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

BFcL wrote:
Is it possible for me to get the users PIN and enter it in my BES and it activates them? Cause right now I have to have them enter in their Email address and a Password I provide, but some of my users are just not good with a BB keyboard and I would like to make it easier. So is it possible to add a user to a MS Exchange BES if they provide me just their PIN?

This is not possible.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Retired
My Device: Not Specified

It is possible to add a pin number directly but the end user's will still have to activate using EA or wired activation.

Using the BlackBerry UserAdministration tool found in BlackBerry Resource Kit https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=D736BB10D83A904AEFC1D6CE93DC54B8

besuseradminclient -add -p password1 -u cwarren@test.rim.net -b -n computer01 -pin xxxxxxxx -it_policy "User Can Change Timeout"

If the pin number provided is incorrect compared to the pin of the device for the user, it will be updated during activation.

Forums Veteran II

But this doesn't answer the OPs question:

"Is it possible for me to get the users PIN and enter it in my BES and it activates them?"

The answer to this is no.

Retired

Hello Andy,

My question was directed more towards BFcL "I'll keep looking, because I've heard of it being possible." where I assume "it" meant "adding user's pin numbers into BlackBerry Database"

It's also clearly mentioned "but the end user's will still have to activate using EA or wired activation."

What my message was trying to read was "yes there is a way to add pin numbers"

***but*** it doesnt activate users simply because their pin numbers were manually entered.

Hope this helps clarify my previous post and Andy's response to it.

Forums Veteran II

I'm a moron; ignore my previous response.

Thanks Vector.

Retired

No Andy,

Thanks for making me clarify, on a second read it was ambigious. Glad you caught it Smiley Happy

Cheers!