Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
LAW
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BES admin account listed as accepting meeting invitations

We are running BES 4.1.5 for Exchange.  When a BlackBerry user accepts a meeting request from his BlackBerry which originated on a BlackBerry, the "accepted" message the organizer receives shows that the BES admin account accepted the message.  The status of the attendee remains "Invited" on the organizer's BlackBerry calendar, although it eventually will update the status in Outlook to show the invitee accepted.  The BlackBerry calendar continues to show "Invited" for the attendee, presumably because it only sees the admin account as accepting.

I have seen numerous posts about issues similar to, but not quite exactly, this.  A KB search turned up nothing directly relevant, nor did a search here in these forums (although with the RIM database, it's often a cat and mouse game of "guess the keyword" and I could have missed something). 

Does anyone have a clue what we might need to change here to fix this?

Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: BES admin account listed as accepting meeting invitations

i heard this issue in SP 5 . blalckbwerry development team develope some hotfix for that and after that thi issue is resolved . so wait for BB new hotfix update. otherwise contcat to RIM for this hotfix if allready release.

LAW
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply...   We had this issue prior to SP5, however....   I was hoping SP5 would fix it, but it didn't.  I will check Tsupport and see if there's a patch available now.  
New Contributor
My Device: 8310

We saw this on one testserver during early tests and the cause was an incorrect setting for the AD (in our case the send as right for the user OU).
Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi try this link its very usefull for user level rieghts

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/support/software/sendas.jsp

LAW
New Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion!  My Exchange admin has reset these permissions in the past, but we did recently move from a mixed 2003/2007 environment to all Exchange 2007, so maybe something was missed.  I'll take a look and report back if this fixes things.

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Check to make sure "Send As" and "Receive As" are properly set; and not any of the send on behalf of / delegate settings

Permissions with Exchange 2007

Permissions with Exchange 2000/2003/2007

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/

We are also moving to 2007 and have this issue.  I have created a new BESAdmin account, set all perms according to the docs and installed 2 new BES...and now this issue.  I contacted support and they recommended creating a new account and starting again.  Is this REALLY how they troubleshoot an issue?

Has anyone found a solution to this?

thanks

LAW
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hiya...

We went through everything we could find with no luck as well (reapplying permissions for besadmin, trying static agents, etc.).  One thing we discovered and corrected was that the primary SMTP records in Exchange were not correct in some cases and fixed these.  You'll know if this is the case because the addresses will have some or all non-primaries showing in BB Manager, and you'll have some problems activating users.  We applied 4.1 SP5 not long before we made these corrections.  After doing both of these, the problem was fixed.  Whether it was both of these together or something else entirely, I can't tell you for sure, but it's working fine now.

I should also note that our Exchange staff doesn't always proactively communicate everything they do on their end, so it's remotely possible it was neither of these things.

I hope this helps at least a little.

Message Edited by LAW on 03-20-2009 08:06 AM

LAW - thanks for the reply.  I am both the BES and Exchange Admin for our Company (along with 2 others), so I know of all changes being made. 

I should have posted that we are on Exchange 2007, sp1 and BES 4.1.6 MR4 (latest and greatest).

I have reapplied the permissions on the BESAdmin account I had created to no avail...

I have just checked the BESAdmin account and the SMTP address shows the same as when I created it.