Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BES connected 9700 automatically restores old contacts

Hello.

My boss' 9700 (of course this always happens with your boss...) automatically restores contacts. It's happened twice.

He checks his contact book for a name, and he finds that the notes of that contact have changed: they are the same as that contact had a couple of months before. He checks if his Outlook is synchronized with his bb, and it it. It's like he got a restore of his contacts.

He doesn't sync his bb with any pc, he neither connects his bb via bluetooth or usb. The only connection is via BES, but it looks like everything is ok, or at least the settings are the same as every other BES user.

Do you have any idea, please?

Thanks,

Luca

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BES connected 9700 automatically restores old contacts

Start with this.

KB10953 - Contacts do not synchronize between BlackBerry smartphones and Microsoft Outlook

or

Also this works well too
In outlook Make a new folder for contacts called backup

move all contacts to the folder and wait for all to be removed from device

then pull battery on device and put back in

After device boots move contacts from backup to the contacts folder and wait for them all to appear

Make a new contact in outlook and see if it gets to the device.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you for your support.

After further investigation, I've found that the issue was related to a card reader software, which actually syncronize with Outlook.

Regards,

Luca

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

thats no fun to deal with.

thanks for posting your solution.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V