Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

BlackBerry Enterprise Messenger

When I attempt to sign in on my handheld, I get a message saying

Service not enabled for this handheld.

Does anyone know how to enable this service for a particular handheld (or all of them in one, fell swoop.)

Thanks.

-pk

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: BlackBerry Enterprise Messenger

Are you BIS or BES?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

BES 4.1.6.9

Thanks for responding so quickly.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Possible there is an IT Policy blocking messengers, in which case I would assign default IT policy and try it.

then I would look to see if that the BIS part of you dataplan is not activated. Yes you need BES dataplan but it comes with BIS and when not activated you will get that error too.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

I checked the policy and it's not the problem as far as I can tell.  I was already a member of the default policy, but I even tried a new one that had no restrictions and it made no difference.

I'm not sure I understand the second part of that post.  How can I check to see if I have the BIS part of my dataplan activated.  Would there be anything in the logs that would indicate that this was the problem.  Would anything else also not work because of the lack of a BIS plan?

Guru III
My Device:

On HH go to options/advanced options/host routing table and hitting menu then select register now.

Contributor

I followed your directions and everything seemed to run fine, although I can't see where it accomplished anything.  The Host Routing Table consists of about 20 Cingular entries and 1 Wi-Fi entry.  One of the Cingular entries is emboldened.

Thanks for you help so far.

Guru III
My Device:

So messenger still has same error?

Contributor

Correct, same error.
Guru III
My Device:

[ Edited ]
Which version of messenger are you running on HH and on mail server?
Message Edited by knottyrope on 06-05-2009 05:07 PM