Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Enterprise Server Collaboration Service

Where do I find this service and how do I go about installing it? I'm getting ready to install the BlackBerry Client for use with Microsoft Office Live Communications Server 2005, but the aforementioned service is listed as a prerequisite and I'm unable to locate it.

Thanx.

BlackBerry Employee
My Device: Not Specified

Re: BlackBerry Enterprise Server Collaboration Service

Sounds like the BES was originally installed with no LCS option . If you re-reun BES setup.exe again you should see a window with Blackberry Collaboration options. Here is where you select the version based on what LCS version you have in your enviornment. If you select no then the service will not get installed.

You can run setup.exe and just look a the 1st few screens, you should see what im talking about. This will not impact your users unless you continue with the setup Smiley Happy  Once you see the screen you can cancel the setup.exe and then schedule down time to continue with the installation. Bascially you will go thorugh the BES setup and this time it will ask you to point to the LCS server.