Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry MDS Push Server for Multiple BlackBerry Domains

My company is designing push notifications into our MDS application. I understand that there can only be one central MDS push server within a BlackBerry Domain, and all push messages must be directed to that push server.

However I'm trying to understand the configuration for very large companies that have multiple BlackBerry Domains. An example would be a large company that has acquired 2 smaller companies (each with their own BlackBerry Domain) and wants to deploy the same application across both those Domains (same application and same application server). Given that each Domain would have their own centralized push server, how would we solve the problem of routing push messages to the appropriate users? Would we need to keep track of which users are on which domain and route appropriately? Or would the company need to restructure their BES configuration such that both companies are now within the same BlackBerry Domain?

Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Mark

My Device: BB Bold
My Carrier: 94755109844

Re: BlackBerry MDS Push Server for Multiple BlackBerry Domains

We have a client similar to the what Mark correctly pointed. We are searching for a solution how to resolve this situation. Can someone provide any guidance on how to configure a central server that routes push messages to the appropriate users in different BB domain.