Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

BlackBerry Monitoring Service. Monitor seperate BB Router Server in DMZ?

Good Day folks,

We have a BES solution configured and running the latest version of the BES software. It is split into two servers. The main server is running all BB applications using the local SQL DB and sits within the corporate network. This server is configured to look at the second server in the DMZ for it's Routing. The second server's only task is the routing for the BES solution. For this configuration we followed the BlackBerry document entitled "Placing the BlackBerry Enterprise Solution in a segmented Network".

We are currently using the BlackBerry monitoring service to monitor the main BES server. It is working as expected.

What I would like to know is if someone out there knows how to add the second server to this Monitoring service.

I have followed the directions, esentially completing the same tasks on both the main BES server and the second router server, configuring the SNMP and such but can not seem to get it to work.

All servers are Windows 2003 R2 SP2.

We are running an Exchange 2003 enviornment.

Thank You for your time.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: BlackBerry Monitoring Service. Monitor seperate BB Router Server in DMZ?

are you getting any erros when adding 2nd BES to monitoring service?

is there a working user on 2nd BES?

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your reply!

When trying to add the second server into the Monitoring service we get the following:

Running configuration tests ... Please wait
Testing BES SNMP server connectivity
Unable to retrieve BlackBerry Enterprise Server data. Please ensure the SNMP Service is started and this machine contains a BlackBerry Enterprise Server.
Some Tests Failed

We leave the port to the default 161

I am not sure what you mean by working user? The only thing installed on the second server is the routing service, not the whole BES application.

Thanks again for your time folks,

Message Edited by robcyk on 11-20-2008 01:09 PM
Forums Veteran I

The 2nd BEs that you are trying to add to SNMP, does taht 2nd BES have any BBB users added to it?
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Monitoring Service. Monitor separate BB Router Server in DMZ?

Good Day, and again, Thank you for your reply.

There are no users on the 2nd server.

I think the difficulty in configuring the 2nd server on the BlackBerry Monitoring server may be because the 2nd server does not have a full BES install on it, only the Router Services / Application. This was one of the options durging the first few parts of the installation.

The Monitoring server must look for a specific BES service / application that it can not find when only the router is installed?

Can anyone confirm? Certainly I can not be the only one doing this configuration as it is completely supported.

Thanks again for your time,

Forums Veteran I

Re: BlackBerry Monitoring Service. Monitor separate BB Router Server in DMZ?

you can only add full working BES (atleast 1 user present) to SNMP.