Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry Enterprise Transporter to migrate from 4.1.7 MR3 to BES 5.0.3 MR1 Express

Hello,

We have BES 4.1.7 MR3 and Windows 2007 SP2, now we are going to migrate to Exchange 2010 and BES 5.0.3 MR1 Express. If somebody have experience to use Blackberry Enterprise Transporter or have step by step guide, please share you knowledge.

I have downloaded Blackberry Enterprise Server resource Kit v5.0.3 MR1from 

http://us.blackberry.com/support/server_resourcekit.jsp

Does it work for Express version of BES 5.0.3?

I have found manual from here:

http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/deliverables/25804/index.jsp?name=BlackBerry+Enterprise+Transpor...

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry Enterprise Transporter to migrate from 4.1.7 MR3 to BES 5.0.3 MR1 Express

Yes it will work.

manuals do have lots of info in them, thats all I used to migrate a few weeks ago. Fairly painless.

4.1.7 is most likely on MSDE and you have to enabled TCPIP and named pipes to connect to that database.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Trusted Contributor

Re: Blackberry Enterprise Transporter to migrate from 4.1.7 MR3 to BES 5.0.3 MR1 Express

Hello,

Should I install Blackberry Enterprise Server Resource Kit on the separate computer or on destination BES 5.0.3 server?

Both old BES 4.1.7 and BES 5.0.3 are located in the same domain.

Thank you

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

choice is yours, I used my BES for it with no issues

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for reply.

I have one domain with Exchange 2007 and new exchange 2010 installed and BES 4.1.7 installed

Correct  me if I am wrong:

1. Install BES 5.0.3 MR 2 Express on the separate server on the same domain.

2. Install additional server and install Blackberry Enterprise Transporter V5.0. SP3.

3. Setup Transporter to get access to the source and destination BES DBs.

4. Recreate groups and IT policy on the destination BES

5. Move users.

Do you know, where I can find step by step guide ?

Thank you

Guru III
My Device:

MarioTunes wrote:

Thanks for reply.

I have one domain with Exchange 2007 and new exchange 2010 installed and BES 4.1.7 installed

Correct  me if I am wrong:

1. Install BES 5.0.3 MR 2 Express on the separate server on the same domain.

2. Install additional server and install Blackberry Enterprise Transporter V5.0. SP3.

3. Setup Transporter to get access to the source and destination BES DBs.

4. Recreate groups and IT policy on the destination BES

5. Move users.

Do you know, where I can find step by step guide ?

Thank you

Transporter is really simple, I did it first shot with out the manual.

You plan is a good one, but you can put transporter on the new BES no need for a server for it.

Trusted Contributor

Should I move BESAdmin account to the new Exchange 2010 and new BES 5 environment first and then start moving other users mailboxes and BB to the new environment ?

Thank you

Guru III
My Device:

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Based on manual I have to mobe BESadmin to the new environment and edit MAPI Profile on the new BES 5.0 to point it to new Exchange 2010 CAS server. Shoul I edit MAPI profile on the old BES 4.1 server and point it to the new Exchange 2010 CAS server or it should be pointed to the old Exchange 2007 CAS server?

I am going moving users one by one (move mailbox first, than move blackberry account).

Thank you

Guru III
My Device:

Get BES 5 running and move users to BES 5 first, dont worry about moving to 2010 yet as BES 4.x cant work with 2010.

After all moved to new server, stop BES services on old server (make sure all is ok for a few hours) and then follow the KB22601to move to 2010.