Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry Manager..

Hi,

Where can I find link to download BlackBerry Manager? or is it there in the BES software itself ...?

Cheers . . .... 

Forums Advisor II
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Re: Blackberry Manager..

Its part of the BES install software.
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, Can I install it on the seperate box for managing my BES remotely without installing other services...? Cheers : )
Forums Advisor II

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

amey wrote:
Hi, Can I install it on the seperate box for managing my BES remotely without installing other services...? Cheers : )

Oy ... I don't know why anyone does this ... only causes trouble.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Forums Advisor II

AndyDufresne wrote:

Because the server nazis don't always want to give access to the BES server. We have 3 VM workstations setup with BlackBerry Manager for our help desk and local techs to use. This way they don't accidently shut down the BES server instead of just logging out (has happened before). So far its worked perfectly, no problems at all.

Forums Veteran II

d_fisher wrote:

AndyDufresne wrote:

Because the server nazis don't always want to give access to the BES server. We have 3 VM workstations setup with BlackBerry Manager for our help desk and local techs to use. This way they don't accidently shut down the BES server instead of just logging out (has happened before). So far its worked perfectly, no problems at all.

I prefer to use the phrase "ignorant BES / server administrators" ... because they could easily configure the accounts so they have permissions to logon to the BES, launch the manager, but not shut down / reboot the server.

I do however agree with the one instance you've implemented, where you have remote vm workstations with the manager installed.  That is the one and only case I can ever see it being logical to install a remote bes manager.  But on someones workstation; BLECH BAH BUNK!

New Contributor
My Device: 8310

AndyDufresne wrote:

That is the one and only case I can ever see it being logical to install a remote bes manager. 

Well, there are other cases where it makes sense as well.

What would you do when you have a central servicecenter that makes 24/7 1st level support for 5 Blackberry Domains (worlwide distributed)?

They have to have the Blackberry Manager lcoally installed unless you want to run the BES in full terminalserver mode (because of 20+ users connecting) which would be an overkill.

Forums Veteran II

Mark70 wrote:

AndyDufresne wrote:

That is the one and only case I can ever see it being logical to install a remote bes manager. 

Well, there are other cases where it makes sense as well.

What would you do when you have a central servicecenter that makes 24/7 1st level support for 5 Blackberry Domains (worlwide distributed)?

They have to have the Blackberry Manager lcoally installed unless you want to run the BES in full terminalserver mode (because of 20+ users connecting) which would be an overkill.

I wouldn't use the BES Manager.  I'd use a Mobile Device Management product that centrally manages all domains from a single location.

New Contributor
My Device: 8310

Which adds additional costs beside the already existing BES license & support costs.

Any specific product that comes to your mind?