Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry can't receive meeting invites - Just Can't Get It Working!

Hello. I've read lots of posts on this topic, but so far nothing has worked. I have a user in our Malaysia office who has a mailbox in a different Exchange server in a different Exchange Administrative group (but same Exchange organization). Her domain account is also on a different domain from the BES, but both domains share the same parent/root domain, so there is a 2-way trust.

She is using a Blackberry 8320 (platform version is 2.5.0.40). She is the only Blackberry user unable to receive invites on her handheld, but, then again, she is the only BB user on the Malaysia domain, so I can't be sure if the problem is specific to her or is a more general one. The other blackberry users are in the Singapore domain and have no problem receiving invites.

This is what I've done so far: 

- Checked the versions of cdo.dll, mapi32.dll and emsmdb32.dll on the BES and the 2 exchange servers. They are all version 6.5.7654.12. 

- Checked that the permission for BESAdmin account are correct on both Exchange servers. Verified that BESAdmin account is delegated View-Only rights at the Exchange Organization level.

- Checked that all BB services are configured to use the BESAdmin acocunt to log on. 

- Deleted and resent the service books for the handheld.

- Regenerated the activation pin and reactivated the handheld.

And it still doesn't work!! 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry can't receive meeting invites - Just Can't Get It Working!

Create a test account on the affected domain, activate a device and see if that has an issue as well.

What happens with outlook or OWA does it work from there?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Has the BES Admin Service account been set up on the Malaysian Domain with send as, receiev as and Administaer INformation store for all Exchange servers on that domain?

Chances are they havent and so the BES cant acccess and check info for that user...

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq
Contributor

The Malaysian Domain is part of the same forest so I am using the existing BESAdmin account. It has been granted the appropriate 'Send As' and 'Receive As' permissions on the malasian domain, and has been delegated exchange view only admin rights on the malaysian exchange admin group. Anyway, the user can receive and send mails fine so all that should be set correctly.

The user can send and receive invites using OWA and Oulook, so her exchange account is ok. Its just the blackberry. I am trying to get a different account set up on the user's blackberry and test it, but my counterpart in malaysia isn't around so I'll just have to wait. Will repot back as soon as the test is done.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Contributor

Finally managed to activate a different user on the blackberry. The test user account is on the same Malaysia domain and exchange server. The same problem is encountered - can receive mails and sync the calendar, but can't receive meeting invites.

Do the cdo.dll and mapi32.dll files have to be in the same location on the exchange servers and the BES? Because the way the Malaysia exchange is set up, the files are in the D:\exchsvr\bin folder or C:\windows\system32, while on the BES its in C:\program files\exchsvr\bin.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

What version CDO.DLL is installed on BES and exchange?

KB04912 - How to check if and where the CDO.dll file is registered on the BlackBerry Enterprise Serv...

Use search on Exchange to find it and dont forget to look at hidden files during your search.

Then list the versions here.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

Contributor

The version of cdo.dll is 6.5.7654.12 on the BES, the singapore exchange and the malaysia exchange server.

The version os mapi32.dll is 6.5.7654.12 on all the servers as well.

Following the instructions on the KB article, I have confirmed that the cdo.dll is registered. The path to the registered  cdo.dll file is C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\bin\cdo.dll on both the BES server and the singapore exchange server.

But the malaysia exchange server is missing the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{3FA7DEB3-6438-101B-ACC1-00AA00423326}. Does this mean the cdo.dll is not registered on this server?

Guru III
My Device:

I have that key on my exchange server as well.

That might be pointing to an issue.

Contributor

Can anyone confirm that if the registry key is not present on an Exchange server, it means that the cdo.dll file is not registered? The BB KB article only talks about the key on the BES, so I'm not sure if it applies to the exchange server as well.

The reason I'm being cautious is that the malaysia exchange server is not under my authority. Its probably not a big deal if I registered the dll again, but I would not like to overstep my bounderies.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8300

Hi,

Check the MAGT log files on the BES and look at around line 150-200.

Look for the [ENV] CDO.DLL and MAPI32.DLL lines and it will point to the location of the mapi and cdo files that it is using and the versions of those files.

Let us know if thats the issue.

Checked out my Blackberry FAQ's and Links to Needed Articles here
http://darkeen.homelinux.com/index.php/Blackberryfaq