Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Blackberry curve 8310 Can't set up email It says I need an enterprise activation password!

I recently purchased a curve from the internet.  When I try to set up the email it says "I want to use a work email account with a blackberry enterprise server"  instead of the simple "use an email"  then it asks if the enterprise server has provided me with an activation password.  It also will not let me download applications due to IT POLICY.  Is there anyway to erase the enterprise server and have the simple email? 

Someone please tell me what I need to do!!

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Blackberry curve 8310 Can't set up email It says I need an enterprise activation password!

How do you want to set it up?  What kind of email account do you want to integrate with the BlackBerry?

If you can't install applications give this a whirl: Remove IT Policy

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: Blackberry curve 8310 Can't set up email It says I need an enterprise activation password!

Hi...  Welcome to the forums...

You can run the Setup Wizard and menu through this which should allow you to setup a personal email account. I would security wipe the device... Assumption: you have no data on this device and there is no corporate policy on the device.

How to wipe device here...

Run Setup Wizard here...

Let us know how your doing....

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Contributor

I just want to set my school email up on my phone.  But when I go to email set up it says "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server"  Then it asks if I have been given an activation password and when I click yes,  It asks for my email and password, but after the setup runs there is an error and the "status" says not activated.

According to the blackberry website, it should say I want to create or add an email address instead of "I want to use a work email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server"

Contributor

What would corporate policy be and how do I kno wif it is on the phone?
Contributor

I think I need Blackberry Internet Service instead of Enterprise, just not sure how to switch it ??
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

After you remove the IT Policy following the instructions provided in the link I gave you should wipe the HH:

KB14058 - Delete all data and applications from the BlackBerry smartphone using the Wipe Handheld op...

Then, KB02189 - Associate email accounts with your BlackBerry Internet Service account

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I did that and ran set up wizard again my name came up as Research In Motion, LTd and the information part says:  This BB has a blank IT policy on it written by John Clark from blackberry forums.  So, I continue to email set up and it still says "I want to use a owrk email account with a Blackberry Enterprise Server"  then when I put in my email and hit activate, it doesn't work...

I can now download applications, but no email.  Is there not a way to remove the BlackBerry Enterprise Server system and install the regular version?

Message Edited by cindylou05 on 10-29-2008 02:03 AM
Message Edited by cindylou05 on 10-29-2008 02:03 AM
Developer
My Device: 9000

[ Edited ]

Hi and did you try to setup a BIS account on your carriers Blackberry page?

You can do this by using a computer to log into the appropriate Blackberry page and setup your new account.

The link provided will allow you to setup the account which should push to the phone. Once the account is setup you will see a new inbox icon which will be your email account. Another link here will assist you in setting up your BIS account with your appropriate carrier and shows this link  which will show you a short movie to better familiarize yourself with the BIS setup options.

Who is your carrier? If we know your carrier, you can be directed to the appropriate page to setup your BIS account by using your computer that has an internet connection.

H.

Message Edited by hmeister on 10-29-2008 06:30 AM

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

My carrier is AT&T.  I have done all those steps and it registered fine on the internet.  There is no new icon on my phone however.  When I go to messages; compose email  I get an error message that says "No message services configured"

And is there any other web brower I can download besides MediaNet?

Message Edited by cindylou05 on 10-29-2008 04:16 PM