Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Blackberry message capacity

Dear Blackberry Community Support,

I am in an Exchange 2007 environment and using the new Blackberry administration server to enroll and manage new handhelds.

My question is how many messages does the Blackberry can handle at time? For example, if I had someone with a very large mailbox I would presume the device would not try to download everything as it would fill it up

Any help, suggestions or pointers to documentation would be very helpful.

Regards,

rjani1

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Blackberry message capacity

only about 1k of the message is stored on the device, kid of like Outlook using header only on slow connection.

this has to be done since most of the devices have 30 to 200 meg free ram upon bootup.

FYI on prepopulation

KB11632 - How to increase the number of email messages sent to a BlackBerry smartphone during the en...

If using the same PIN upon activation look at this KB ( do this anyways as you will get the issue )

KB04713 - Enable message prepopulation for all users on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server

For subfolders you have to enable them first.

KB11434 - No messages are displayed in subfolders following enterprise activation

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Hi Knottyrope,

Thanks for the answer. That was helpful. So just to clarify, when the message limit is reached does the handheld then simply purge the email? And if you have older messages further down the inbox that you want to view at a later date I guess you just search for these?

I only really setup the Blackberry for my internal clients at work and do not own one personally. This was just a question raised in passing by one of them.

Many thanks,

rjani1

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

by default the device will keep meeesages (as long as you dont delete them form device) for 30 days. You can change this to a higher level if need be or forwever. You can always remote search for a messages later on.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Contributor

Many thanks,Smiley Very Happy