Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Blackberry stops working when I move the accounts from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007

Real quick rundown:

Server (Bravo) running BES 4.1.4

Server (Echo) running Exchange 2007/Server Std 2003 x64

Server (CPA01) running Exchange 2003/Server Std 2003

We are transitioning from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and so far, all the mailboxes that do not belong to Blackberry users have been moved, tested & verified working. The BESAdmin mailbox is also now on ECHO. As long as the Blackberry mailbox holders are in CPA01, the Blackberries work fine. I moved my mailbox last night to ECHO and the account stopped working. If I move it back to CPA01 and run the Enterprise activation, it works just fine.

I've read and re-read the KB articles on how to migrate from Exchange 2000/2003 to 2007 and all the settings seem to be correct. I don't have a Hub Transport on the DMZ yet since I haven't been able to fully decomission CPA01. I'm about to move my account to ECHO again so that it can break and I can capture the MAGT log info.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Blackberry stops working when I move the accounts from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007

oscarv77 wrote:

Real quick rundown:

Server (Bravo) running BES 4.1.4

Server (Echo) running Exchange 2007/Server Std 2003 x64

Server (CPA01) running Exchange 2003/Server Std 2003

We are transitioning from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and so far, all the mailboxes that do not belong to Blackberry users have been moved, tested & verified working. The BESAdmin mailbox is also now on ECHO. As long as the Blackberry mailbox holders are in CPA01, the Blackberries work fine. I moved my mailbox last night to ECHO and the account stopped working. If I move it back to CPA01 and run the Enterprise activation, it works just fine.

I've read and re-read the KB articles on how to migrate from Exchange 2000/2003 to 2007 and all the settings seem to be correct. I don't have a Hub Transport on the DMZ yet since I haven't been able to fully decomission CPA01. I'm about to move my account to ECHO again so that it can break and I can capture the MAGT log info.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

First, are the servers in the same Exchange Org?  Second, you shouldn't be putting a HT role in the DMZ ... the only thing that belongs there is your ET or an ISA server serving as a reverse proxy.

Did you assign permissions as required?

KB12483 - Set service account permissions in Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 using Exchange Managemen...

If you'd like, zip up a set of the days logs and email it to BBAndyDufresne@gmail.com. Please also make sure to include a link to this thread so I know what the message is referencing / where to respond.  Just post here that you've sent the logs so I know to check.  I'll post back any relevant content removing anything personally identifiable / confidential.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Blackberry stops working when I move the accounts from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007

UPDATE:

I was able to get my account back on the new server (ECHO) and it is now receiving email.

new problem is that now the calendar synch isn't working. I've checked the permissions and we _are_ using

public folders. Synchronization only works from Outlook to BB device but not the other way around. Should I open a new thread, or just edit this one?

Thanks!