04-26-2008 06:48 PM
We have a single BES server (4.1.4) and two Exchange servers: One 2003 and one 2007, both on the same domain and organization as the BES. Users on the 2003 server work perfectly. Users on the 2007 server can add items on their Outlook and have it appear at the terminal, but items added on the terminal do not appear on the Desktop.
I tried the logs and searched the support base for solutions. This lead me to install new CDO.dll and also re-register it. I have even moved the BESAdmin mailbox from the 2003 server where it was originally installed to the 2007 Server and gave it Mailbox Admin privileges.
Mail works well in both directions and we are also using Enterprise Messenger with LCS 2005 and MDS and all of those work fine.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
04-27-2008 06:19 AM
Trying installing MAPICDO
1. Go to the Microsoft Download Center <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/> .
2. Search for the exchangeMapiCDO.exe page and display it.
3. Click Download.
4. You will be prompted to Run or Save the file.
5. Click Run and it will save an ExchangeMapiCdo folder to a location of your choice.
6. Open the folder and click ExchangeMapiCdo.MSI, which will apply all the CDO and MAPI files needed.
04-29-2008 01:37 PM
I would try one of the following:
1. Move one of the affected Exchange 2007 mailbox users to Exchange 2003
2. Run handheldcleanup -u using our kb - KB00140
3. Check this functionality again.
In general, making BlackBerry service account part of any elevated groups like DomainAdmin or Exchange Full Admin will cause 1 way calendaring functionality (From BlackBerry to mailbox) to fail.
05-05-2008 11:24 AM
I found the solution and I wanted to share it with everyone. It does boil down to a permissions issue. I first upgraded to 4.1.5 because reading through the Release Notes this is the first version that officially supports Exchange 2007. I eliminated BESAdmin as an Oraniztion Admin, which I previously had, and gave it the proper ViewOnly and ExtendedRights as per the documentation and voilà!
I know, I know.... When in doubt, read the manual....
07-21-2008 04:05 AM
I have the same problem, but my enviroment is quite different: i have a cluster with windows server 2003 x64 with Exchange 2007 enterprise ed. on a separate machine i have installed a win2003 with BES and exchange of course.
The issue is the same : there is no sync with BB and calendar on outlook even on OWA.
Someone can help me?
The cdo.dll version on BES machine is 6.5.7974.0
07-21-2008 08:54 AM
07-21-2008 09:26 AM