Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Cannot establish OWA access with Exchange Server 2003

I have been working with my company to get my personal blackberry to access my company e-mail via Exchange Server 2003 OWA.  I was able to set up successfully in the past, and everything was working until a server upgrade was done a week ago.  Our IT guys are saying there were no changes that should affect allowing blackberry access through OWA.  When I try to set up now via Manage Internet E-Mail on my device, I receive the message "cannot find server or access url".  On the web through internet explorer on my laptop everything continues to work as before.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ted

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Cannot establish OWA access with Exchange Server 2003

I'm guessing something changed.

Check this out: KB02858 - Unable to integrate a Microsoft Outlook Web Access or IBM Lotus Domino Web Access account ...

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

Thanks.  Will pass along to our IT folks to see whether this will help.

New Contributor

Our IT group has researched the solutions in the bulletin with no luck.  I have tried to access the webmail directly from the handheld's browser, and when I attempt to login, the screen refreshes and asks me to login again.  Seems like there is some setting issue with https on my handheld that conflicts with the server??

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Have you tried with a different smart phone?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

My Device: Curve 9300
My Carrier: O2

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I could access my owa with my Blackberry Curve 8900 but now that I have switched to 9300 I cant add my owa work email at all. The IT guys have assured me that nothing has changed since. Could the fact that the 9300 has 3G be affecting this? I really feel like returning my phone as there is 14 day cool off period.

If anyone has found a work around please do let me know.

Thanks,

psoovam

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

3G will have no effect on this.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted

[ Edited ]

hi. I got similar problem..? is there any ports to open for blackberry..? since our OWA has a security code to in login page, is that possible the cause that the exchange email cannot be added.

the warning:

cannot connect to email server or invalid server  name:

please verify the outlook Web access. if the error persists contact webmail.domainname.com