Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Certain emails duplicating

It seems that a few emails, randomly, are being duplicated on my Blackberry device (but not in Outlook). Both the emails show Recieved Using: Desktop (Secure). The y're not necessarily together all the time- sometime, there could be 3-5 messages between them. Also, deleting one of them from the device only removes it from the device, but deleting the other deletes them from the server and the berry. Any idea where I should look?
Super Contributor
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

Re: Certain emails duplicating

Check your service books. On your BlackBerry, go to Options --> Advanced Options --> Service Books.

You should have about nine service books that start with Desktop[. If you do, you're on a BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server), and you receive your email from your company through those. If you do NOT have any Desktop service books, ignore the rest of this!

If you DO have Desktop Service Books, AND you have two service books that start with the email address your set up to receive over your BES connection, delete them! You've set up a second connection to your company email through BIS (BlackBerry Internet Service). They will be named youremail@company.com[CMIME] and

youremail@company.com[CICAL].

To delete a service book, scroll down to and highlight the item in the list, then Click the Menu button or Scroll wheel and select Delete. You will be asked to confirm the action.

This would also explain the timing of the arrival of messages. BES delivers nearly instantaneously, but BIS polls every 15 minutes.

Once the service BIS service books are deleted, you should stop receiving the duplicate messages.

Jerry
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Certain emails duplicating

Thanks for your reply- I do have 9 service books but none of them has an email address next to it. I have BrowserConfig, Sync, OTASL, MDS, IPPP, CMIME, BBIM, ALP and CICAL

@