Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Contacts will not sync for a user.

Hello

I am running a small BES with 5 users.  One on the users with a 9000 series phone has had his conatcts stop synching.  He has 3600 Conatacts and I am wondering if his phone has run out of memory to process the Contacts.

I have resent the service books to his phone and I did a complete restart of all the services on the server.

I have seen this Warning in my logs:

Event Type:    Warning
Event Source:    BlackBerry Router
Event Category:    None
Event ID:    20000
Date:        2/10/2009
Time:        10:47:49 AM
User:        N/A
Computer:    COMSBS01
Description: [DEVICE_SRP:249E2C6F:00b95850] Receive_UNKNOWN, VERSION=2, CMD=241

The server is SBS 2003 SP2 with 6 GB of RAM.  The BES is  v4.1.4.12

Does any one have any idea what could be going on?

Thank you.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: Contacts will not sync for a user.

does he have wireless sync on his address book options on the device.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
Contributor

Yes the sync is wireless.  He has never sync'ed on his desktop.
Contributor

Just an update:

I was able to have 3 other users add to their Contacts in Outlook and the addition pushed to their Blackberry's.  So it is just one user that cannot get his conatcts to sync and of it just happens to be the president of the company.

He does not want to do a security wipe and re-activation so I need to find another solution.

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8530/ 5.0.0.734 OS
My Carrier: Verizon

Have him go into options, advanced options, service books. Highlight the desktop SYNC service book and hit the menu key. Select delete. Once it's gone, hit the menu key again and select undelete. This will restart his EA (enterprise activation). So you will want to go back into options, advanced options, enterprise activation and watch it complete. Check the address book and see if that helps.
~Tami~
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
-- Albert Einstein
Contributor

Will doing this cause a wipe in prep for an Enterprise Activation or just reload the service book(s) that are missing?
Forums Veteran I

tamrock777 wrote:
Have him go into options, advanced options, service books. Highlight the desktop SYNC service book and hit the menu key. Select delete. Once it's gone, hit the menu key again and select undelete. This will restart his EA (enterprise activation). So you will want to go back into options, advanced options, enterprise activation and watch it complete. Check the address book and see if that helps.

This is going to bring back wireless sync to the BlackBerry, which he posted is already there and set to yes. If the EA didn't complete all the way this might be a fix. Also the OP had said they resent the service books.

I would suggest, if possible, to remove the user from the BES and then reactivate the user. Make sure the user is automatically being removed from pending delete. Also, that's a large amount of contacts, could be some corruption, is it possible to move the user's mailbox to a different mail store, and then move back to current mail store to rule out possible corruption in the mailbox?

Contributor

bbhorrigan wrote:

tamrock777 wrote:

This is going to bring back wireless sync to the BlackBerry, which he posted is already there and set to yes. If the EA didn't complete all the way this might be a fix. Also the OP had said they resent the service books.

I would suggest, if possible, to remove the user from the BES and then reactivate the user. Make sure the user is automatically being removed from pending delete. Also, that's a large amount of contacts, could be some corruption, is it possible to move the user's mailbox to a different mail store, and then move back to current mail store to rule out possible corruption in the mailbox?

This is a single server installation SBS 2003 with BES on the same box.  Moving the mail store is not an option.   When the EA was done on the handheld originally it did complete without any errors.  I am trying to find a way not to do an EA since that will wipe the data on the BB.
Forums Veteran I

Do a backup of the device with the DTM.

Contributor

bbhorrigan wrote:
Do a backup of the device with the DTM.

He has stuff in sub-folders on his device.  Will DTM perserve that structure for both download and upload?