Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
Developer
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Default Permission problem

I have a curve 8310 v4.2.2.170  at&t carrier.

In the process of connecting to BES, something happened, and the default permission ( when I invoke Edit Default Permission) on my application does not contain the "allow" option. I can only see "prompt" and "deny". This is causing a problem for my application that needs the "allow" for some permissions such as external connection.

We checked the IT policy, and everything is enabled or set to true when applicable.

We disconnected from BES by wiping out the device, and it did not help.

We reconnected again to BES and I see the message that the IT policy was updated, but still the problem is there.

Does any one knows what went wrong or how to solve this issue? 

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Default Permission problem

Welcome to the forums.

When you wiped out the device, did you just remove it from the BES and add it back to the BES?  Did you wipe the device?

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Developer
Developer

To wipe the device, I went to options->security options->general settings and selected "wipe handheld" from the pop-up menu.

That is all what I did. This disconnected it from the BES.

Then after testing and found out that it did not help, I connected it again to BES using the "Enterprise Activation" menu option.

Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

This is an issue with Software Configurations on the BES.  If you are added to a softwar configuration this will happen.  If you can get yourself removed from the sofware config you can have this capability back.  This is a bug in the BES when using OS 4.5.  Usually, it's not a problem until one goes to install Google Maps. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Developer
Developer

Thanks, that was the solution.

But if I run into the same situation, is there a recovery mechanism for the device without connecting to BES?

The reason I am asking is that I have a customer that is running into similar problem. He was connected to a BES for a period of time and then disconnected. I am suspecting that whatever IT policy he has is stikking around. The wipe does not seem to get rid of it.

Thanks

Super Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

[ Edited ]

A wipe will not remove the IT Policy.  But you can follow this guide to remove it:  http://blackberryfaq.net/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy

EDIT: Fixed link

Message Edited by juwaack68 on 09-17-2008 01:18 PM

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

One more note on this...the recently released Google Maps 2.3.1 no longer has this issue. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!