Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

sg2
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Detecting BES <-> BES SQL connection issues from logs

Hi folks,

Is there any way I can detect communications/connection problems between the BES service and the BES SQL server from the log files?

Thanks.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Detecting BES <-> BES SQL connection issues from logs

can you log into SSMS with BESADMIN account?

Have you check besadmin is owner of besmgnt DB?

Can you RDP from BES server to SQL server?

BES will not start if it can not connect to SQL.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

sg2
New Contributor

Thanks for your response. I'm asking from the context of adding conectivity reporting to a monitoring system, not from the context of a currently inoperative environment.

I'm interested in specifically detecting loss of SQL connectivity based on the info from the BES logs - I thought perhaps there might be a "SQL connection lost" message logged if the SQL server becomes inaccesable.

(I know I can get this info from other sources, for example the SQL server's windows event log - but was hoping that the BES logs would be easier to parse and would more accurately reflect actual the status of the BES server.)

Thanks again.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am having the same problem, did you ever find a solution? BES-SQL-ConnectionLost

The issue happens then it reconnects before I can even open the server. I have had the firmware on the NIC updated and the port changed on the switch and this is the 8th server I have connected to the same SQL server so the login is correct and everything I can think of. It isn't like it does never connect, it alwasy is connected then drops for no reason.