Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch (9800)
My Carrier: Rogers Wireless

Device Information Tab Blank & Delete Device Data Buttons Missing

[ Edited ]

We have received a strong push from end users in our office that they hate carrying a personal BlackBerry and a Corporate BlackBerry. Because of this, I have started to look into adding personal phones to the corporate BESX and controlling them using some of RIM's new Balance policies. One of the biggest things users are concerned about with their personal BlackBerry on the BESX is that they still want to be able to sync their Calendar, Contacts, Memopad and Tasks on their home PC - the only data they really want to have access to through BESX is push corporate email. Because of this I have created an "Email-Only IT Policy" that states:

• PIM Synchronization - Disable All Wireless Synchronization (so that users will not receive their Exchange calendar, contacts, etc and can still sync their device at home)
  • Personal Devices - Disable forwarding of work content using personal channels, require work resources for conducting work activities
  • Device Only - password policies and restrictions.

As of right now, I am only piloting this between my personal BlackBerry and one additional device. But, what I've noticed is that when I click on my PIN in the BlackBerry Administration Service console, there is no data under "Device Information" except for my PIN (no model information, no software information, etc) - and as well, I have no control over deleting device data.

Is there something I am missing, or something I have to enable? All other BESX users are fine, but with these users have the "Email-Only IT Policy", I am unable to control the device at all it seems. We are running BESX v5.0.3.41 and have an Exchange 2010 SP1 server onsite.