Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Developer
My Device: Not Specified

Device not found message in MDSS log

[ Edited ]

This error keeps showing up in the MDSS log. Anybody know what it means?

[WARN ][2009-04-03 22:31:24,569][RequestHandler]Processor | Encountered an invalid request parameter in message from device. | DevicePIN=9999A9A9; Exception=Received malformed compact message.:null, Error Code: 104:net.rim.wica.transport.VersionProviderException: Device not found.;

Message Edited by phil_lushin on 04-06-2009 02:37 PM
Retired
My Device: Bold 9000

Re: Device not found message in MDSS log

phil_lushin wrote:

This error keeps showing up in the MDSS log. Anybody know what it means?

[WARN ][2009-04-03 22:31:24,569][RequestHandler]Processor | Encountered an invalid request parameter in message from device. | DevicePIN=9999A9A9; Exception=Received malformed compact message.:null, Error Code: 104:net.rim.wica.transport.VersionProviderException: Device not found.;

Message Edited by phil_lushin on 04-06-2009 02:37 PM

Hi phil_lushin,

Device not found warnings are usually associated with an older version of device.xml on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server. Is this happening to one device only? or multiple users with the same model BlackBerry. From the log snippet you included I'd have to believe it is only happening to one BlackBerry?

BlackBerry Certification
Having the Knowledge is One Thing. Demonstrating It is Another
http://www.blackberry.com/certification
New Developer

I went back a few days and it is the same PIN with multiple log entries per day.

Retired
My Device: Bold 9000

What kind of functionality have you lost? Are you unable to push software out to the BlackBerry? If you could provide as much info as you can we may be able to help out a little faster Robot wink

BlackBerry Certification
Having the Knowledge is One Thing. Demonstrating It is Another
http://www.blackberry.com/certification
New Developer

I actually have no idea which device this is. I was troubleshooting a different issue and saw this all over the logs. Just thought it may look familiar to someone.