Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL - did KB959897 kill me?

Hi all:

I'm falling into the ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL issue.  I've read throught the posts (as recent as Feb) & gone through them -- I note that below.

I have one exchange 2003 server (SP2 with fixes as of Tuesday) with BES (4.1.3.18) on it.  This is not a Domain Controller.

I applied 2 mos worth of Exchange patches on Tuesday & now notice that I can’t send email (just realized this today).
I am the only Domain & Enterprise Admin, and belong to the “Administrators” group in AD; I’m the only Admin that has a blackberry – everyone else is in Sales or Marketing.  Also, I’m also the only IT guy, period … so, this is a pain.

I’ve verified that my cdo.dll is registered (ver.: 6.5.7654.12) – CDO 1.21
I’ve verified that my BES Admin user has the ‘send as, receive as & Admin Info Store’ perms.
I’ve also recently (‘bout an hour ago) – added the BES admin user into MY AD account, with send as permissions.
My Calendar Sync is OK – I still can’t send emails.

I’ve addressed (done this to) the following articles:
KB02276 (verified login perms, did NOT do step 3, verified 4, step 5 was already there) - My BES Admin belongs to the “Administrators” group
KB04912 (verified)
KB02937 (didn’t update)
MSKB 171440 ( - tied to above)

Where to go from here?  Help?  Is there something I didn’t do that I really need to?  Should I just remove KB959897?  KB959897 was one of the guys that just got applied on Tuesday.

Thanks in advance!

-Tom

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: ERR_SUBMIT_MAIL - did KB959897 kill me?

do youmean this

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB12309&slic...

I would remove yourself from admin group and follow microsofts best practices of least privilages.

RUN AS saves!

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

My head is spinning from that.

Looks like a hotfix from M$ will fix it ... we shall see!  Thanks.
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you will spin untill you understand least privilage.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

New Contributor

Thanks for all the info - as a Linux guy, I'm still learning the world of M$ and permissioning.

If someone could confirm my thoughts, as a way to proceed:

Take my current AD account & strip all email functionality out of it (leaving a default address, of course)

Create a 2nd AD account & use ExMerge to migrate all my mail to that new account

Enterprise re-activate my BBerry

Re-configure outlook for my new AD 'email' login

Be done with it ?

Thanks!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

[ Edited ]

toloughlin wrote:

Thanks for all the info - as a Linux guy, I'm still learning the world of M$ and permissioning.

MS permissions are very similar to Linux and Unix permissions you are going to find.

That is an aweful lot of work.

Just apply the send as permission at each level and you should be fine.

Message Edited by bbhorrigan on 03-30-2009 11:35 AM

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!