Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Email Reconcile

I am running Blackberry Professional for Microsoft Exchange and using a 8830 Worldphone. I have email reconcile turned on. When I read an email on my desktop outlook it never shows the email read on my 8830? I try reconcile now and nothing works but reading the message in the phone. If I read it on the phone it will make it show read on the desktop? Any suggestions?
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

Re: Email Reconcile

Quite a few things to cover here, so lets start at the top:

Did  you try popping the battery out for 3 mins then re-inserting?

Delete the SYNS & CMIME service books from the device then re-send them from the server

Re-Start the SYNC & Router services on the server

What version of exchange are you running?

Can you confirm you have assigned SEND, RECIEVE and ADMINISTER INFORMATION STORE delegated for all users?

Deleting the earilier hung up emails and then removing the battery has seemed to correct the problem. Thanks.
Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

No problem Smiley Happy

I have on more question I could use your help on. When I activated my Blackberry it reconciled everything just fine. But then I realized it didnt do my other mail folders below my inbox. So I went on the Blackberry Professional program and went into my user and checked to reconcile all the folders. Now it is doing it with all things I move there but the old stuff thats been in there for months isnt coming across. I tried marking them unread in outlook to see if that makes them reconcile but no luck. It's not the end of the world but if you know some trick on how to make it reconcile everything from the past i would sure be greatful.  Thanks
Highlighted
Contributor

it wont bring them across. when you activate the device you by default get 5 days worth of messages upto a maximum of 200 emails. this is in your inbox only it wont go into your other folders and send them down. imagine you had a 2 GB mail file...you would kill the device. also folder redirection is for emails moving forward, if you have a joe bloggs email go into a joe loggs folder you wont see it n your device until you tell the BES to monitor that folder.

if you file emails into folders on your device you will be able to go and look at the folders and see the filed emails but none before activation.

hope this helps

Domino Advanced administrator
BES 2.1,2.2, 3.6,4.0.x,4.1.x admin and installer on Lotus, Groupwise and Exchange
Neverfail certified Implementation engineer