Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Email msgs not deleting on BB

On a couple of BB, emails deleted in Outlook Inbox are not being deleted on the BB.  Many other BB we have have no problems.  These BB's have recently been activated and have had the problem from the start.  BB has the following settings:

Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld

Wireless Reconsiliation: On

On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

Hide Filed Messages: Yes

Have tried re-activating, and even removing/adding user.

BlackBerry Manager Version is 4.1.6.9

Developer
My Device: 9000

Re: Email msgs not deleting on BB

teotwawki wrote:

On a couple of BB, emails deleted in Outlook Inbox are not being deleted on the BB.  Many other BB we have have no problems.  These BB's have recently been activated and have had the problem from the start.  BB has the following settings:

Delete On: Mailbox & Handheld

Wireless Reconsiliation: On

On Conflicts: Mailbox Wins

Hide Filed Messages: Yes

Have tried re-activating, and even removing/adding user.

BlackBerry Manager Version is 4.1.6.9

Hi

It sounds like your on BES. Do you support hard deletes on your exchange server?

H.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If successful in helping you, please give me kudos in my post.
Please mark the post that solved it for you!
Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Check out KB04853 - How to enable hard deletes
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

you can try deleting the messages by putting in the trashbin of Outlook (instead of doing Shift-Delete).
the next time the blackberry reconciles, it will take all the messages in the trashbin and delete them inside the handheld.

then later in the day, you can empty the trashbin in outlook.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer

Xandrex wrote:
you can try deleting the messages by putting in the trashbin of Outlook (instead of doing Shift-Delete).
the next time the blackberry reconciles, it will take all the messages in the trashbin and delete them inside the handheld.

Yes, but you have to watch the "then later in the day" issue... esp. if they continue to delete through out the day....Smiley Wink

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister

Thanks.  Setting Hard Deletes Reconsiliation to True fixed this.
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hmeister wrote:

Xandrex wrote:

Yes, but you have to watch the "then later in the day" issue... esp. if they continue to delete through out the day....Smiley Wink

what do you mean ? "later in the day" just means you have to wait for the Blackberry to do one "email reconciliation", which takes between 2min and 15min.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Developer

Xandrex wrote:

hmeister wrote:

Xandrex wrote:

what do you mean ? "later in the day" just means you have to wait for the Blackberry to do one "email reconciliation", which takes between 2min and 15min.

We don't support the hard deletes yet. There have been some discussion in going there but we have not changed this. We continue to have issues with reconcile. Our server is busy and I can tell you from experience that the 2min to 15min rule does not always apply. We test and it appears to work, yet still get calls that the reconcile is not working. (and have trained our users on hard delete) So, either they forgot about deleting in the deleted items or when we go look in their deleted folder, the items are there but not deleted on the handheld. It goes in cycles and is not consistant.

H.

Thank you!
Best Regards

hmeister
Super Contributor