Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified

Enterprise Server Logging

Does anyone know in which log I would look to find out who modified an IT Policy, when it was done, and when it was assigned?  I've looked a the logs in the \logs\ folder but can't seem to find anything. 

thanks

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: Enterprise Server Logging

All IT Policy stuff happens in the POLC log. The problem is, your data is more historical tracking... you would have to search day by day at the POLC logs, and know what you are searching for. You may be able to find when a policy was assigned if your logging is turned up enough. That might be enough of a clue... but to my knowledge the BES doesnt log WHO did stuff.
========================================
I take off my robe and wizard hat...
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Enterprise Server Logging

First off, you shouldn't have all your staff logging in with the BES Admin account, use the role base administration. And if you are using the role base administration, then don't give everyone Security Admin rights. If they are  only deploying phones, they don't need it.

As for logging everything....

You need to edit the registry.

HKLM\Software\Reasearch In Motion\Blackberry Enterprise Server\Logging Info\Manager\DebugLogLevel

Set it to 5.

You can not set this through the Blackberry Config Manager, as it caps at 4.
The log is kept at in with the other logs, MNGR is in the name. (I forget the default, I have mine saving to different location.)