Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Erasing Data via BES

Running BES 4.1, where we Assign custom IT Policy's to managed devices.  My questions are,...

1. When a user leaves my company, I want to remove any association to our Policy's, plus, erase any Data that may be saved to that device as a result of when Sync'ing with our Company Mail.   How can this be done without rendering the device "disabled"?   (The Hand Held Device is the USERS, so they will be taking it with them.).

2.  Depending on solution to #1, does it affect the data on the SDisk?

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Erasing Data via BES

rwhite wrote:

Running BES 4.1, where we Assign custom IT Policy's to managed devices.  My questions are,...

1. When a user leaves my company, I want to remove any association to our Policy's, plus, erase any Data that may be saved to that device as a result of when Sync'ing with our Company Mail.   How can this be done without rendering the device "disabled"?   (The Hand Held Device is the USERS, so they will be taking it with them.).

>> The only way to do this through a BES it to follow: KB14202 - Remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone

2.  Depending on solution to #1, does it affect the data on the SDisk?

>> sd = untouched

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
My Device: Not Specified

Is there a way to do a factory reset to the Curve 8330 if you can not contact the enterprise server administrator?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you can wipe it at the HH.

(Options > Security > General > [OPTION: Wipe Handheld])

It might not remove all policy settings though.

You can use jlcommander to wipe it out and reload the OS via destop manager if above fails.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

knottyrope wrote:

you can wipe it at the HH.

(Options > Security > General > [OPTION: Wipe Handheld])

It might not remove all policy settings though.

>> Are you insinuating that it might remove some?  IT Policy settings are an all or nothing deal; never some.

You can use jlcommander to wipe it out and reload the OS via destop manager if above fails.

>> You can indeed use Jl_cmder to remove an IT Policy by resetting to factory default ... if your device OS supports it.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/