Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Error when installing MDS

Can someone assist.

I'm trying to install MDS service (blackberry enterprise server 4.1.1\mds services\setup.exe), I entered the hostname and port (1433 - the default),

Then I entered the username and password, but when i click the next button, I get the error message --

'Reenter database settings. Unable to connect to the following: jdbc:microsoft:sqlserver://localhost:1433;DatabaseName=mdss;SelectMethod=cursor'

How can I solve this. Thanks

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Error when installing MDS

Did you already install BES and now you want to install MDSS?  If so, you need to uninstall BES and reinstall with MDSS / MDS-IS
------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
Contributor

Thanks for the response.

I already have BES installed and it was quite rigorous installation. We have been using the BES for mails for 3 years now. Is there any other alternative besides uninstalling the BES, as much as possible I want to avoid doing that

Highlighted
Forums Veteran II

KB11009 - How to install the BlackBerry MDS services on an already existing and running BlackBerry E...

Contributor

Thanks for the link. I'll attempt to reinstall and see how that goes.

Contributor

I've reinstalled now but I've got a new challange. When I open the blackberry manager and under the explorer view, I select the htpp://servername:7443/mds-admin icon, I get a new window 'SSL Certification, You are entering a secure website etc,

Note:To install the certificate 1. In the security Alert dialog box, click the view certificate .... etc.'

And the only option I have is to click 'OK' button, which I did. But nothing happens after that.

How do I install the certification, where do I find the 'Security Alert dialog box'

Thanks for your assistance so far.

Forums Veteran II

ckjennifer wrote:

I've reinstalled now but I've got a new challange. When I open the blackberry manager and under the explorer view, I select the htpp://servername:7443/mds-admin icon, I get a new window 'SSL Certification, You are entering a secure website etc,

Note:To install the certificate 1. In the security Alert dialog box, click the view certificate .... etc.'

And the only option I have is to click 'OK' button, which I did. But nothing happens after that.

How do I install the certification, where do I find the 'Security Alert dialog box'

Thanks for your assistance so far.

Google: import certificate internet explorer

Contributor

Which certificate should I import - any?

How can I locate whatever certificate has been installed on the blackberry server, so I can remove it and reinstall after importing a new certificate.

Thanks

Forums Veteran II

ckjennifer wrote:

Which certificate should I import - any?

How can I locate whatever certificate has been installed on the blackberry server, so I can remove it and reinstall after importing a new certificate.

Thanks

Import the one that is presented when you access the site.  If you want to replace it ... tooting my own horn