Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Event ID 20301 in BES Event Log

Hi

Every 10 seconds or so, I have the following Event ID logged in the Application log of my Event Viewer:

Event ID: 20301
Type: Warning
Source: Blackberry Messaging Agent

I can see relevant articles here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02385&sliceId=1&docTy...

Is anyone else getting this?

From what I read, RIM are saying there are the following three causes:

1. MAPI connections between BES and Exchange have been lost
2. The BES user account has been corrupted
3. There is no AD account for the BES user

We can discount #1.

There ARE a couple of messages relating to users whose AD account has been disabled, not deleted...does anyone know if this would cause BES a problem? The mailbox should still be active?

Apart from these users, is the solution really to recreate someone's BES account?

I did speak to our carrier network's BES support and they said these Warning messages were normal...surely this can't be the case? It is nt normal to have these Warning messages so often?

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Event ID 20301 in BES Event Log

Sheen wrote:

Hi

Every 10 seconds or so, I have the following Event ID logged in the Application log of my Event Viewer:

Event ID: 20301
Type: Warning
Source: Blackberry Messaging Agent

I can see relevant articles here:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB02385&sliceId=1&docTy...

Is anyone else getting this? not here

From what I read, RIM are saying there are the following three causes:

1. MAPI connections between BES and Exchange have been lost
2. The BES user account has been corrupted
3. There is no AD account for the BES user

We can discount #1.

There ARE a couple of messages relating to users whose AD account has been disabled, not deleted...does anyone know if this would cause BES a problem? Yes it can The mailbox should still be active? Not if it is disabled.

Apart from these users, is the solution really to recreate someone's BES account? The KBs are usually correct.

I did speak to our carrier network's BES support and they said these Warning messages were normal...surely this can't be the case? It is nt normal to have these Warning messages so often?  It is only a warning, not an error or a fault. I have warnings on mine and trying to rid them all is pointless. Warnings happen.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Highlighted
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Airtel

Re: Event ID 20301 in BES Event Log

Hi There,

I have thousands of 20301 events for single user.

What  i have noticed is that Alias name and Email address for this user is different.

E.g.

Alias Name : Test123

Email address: Test@domain.com

First i will give a try by restarting BB services and monitor for couple of days and see if that log disappears.

Second, i will correct the Alias name and restart BB services..

I will update if this works for me.

Rajesh