Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Exchange & BES not talking after upgrade

I have just upgraded from BES (Small Business/Express or whatever the 15 user max version is called) to BES Professional 4.1.4. on Windows SBS 2003.

The install went without any hiccups, except for having to re-point BES to the correct MAPI profile.

Since the upgrade, synchronisation between Exchange and BES hasn't worked at all. Sending/receiving isn't happening for all users.

Looking through the logs, I see no errors indicated.

Any hints as to what I need to be looking for or how I can test the communication between BES & Exchange?

Forums Veteran II
My Device: Bold

Re: Exchange & BES not talking after upgrade

Can you send the logs for the day you performed the upgrade to BBAndyDufresne@gmail.com and I'll look at them?  I'll post back whatever relevant data there is removing anything personally identifiable. Please include a link to this thread so I know who sent it.

------------------------------
If you've found a solution through a post; please mark it as a solution.
If someone's was particularly helpful, give them kudo's!.

Get busy living, or get busy dying.

http://blog.port3101.org/hdawg/
New Contributor

It's ok - I found the problem.

I installed the new version logged in as Administrator rather than BESAdmin.

My fault for not reading the install guide the second time.

New Contributor

I'm in the same boat you were in... I must be over looking this or in the wrong manual... Could you/anyone please tell me what you did to get it up and going? Thanks in Advance

Highlighted
New Contributor

Rerunning the install for the service pack as BESadmin resolves the issue. My impatience got the better of me and I had to try something. Thankfully this was all that was needed.