Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Highlighted
My Device: Not Specified

File Size Download Limit on BlackBerry Enterprise Server

[ Edited ]

My Company develops eLearning content (heavily video-based) and we've been making a foray into delivering our content to Mobile Devices.  I bought a BlackBerry Bold in order to test some of our latest content.  When I try to download a 1.7MB MP4 video I get an "File Size to Large" error message.  I can download and play the same video to an iPhone on the same AT&T network.  The only difference is that the BB is running off our BES. 

Here are my questions:

1. Is there a file size download limit imposed by the BES?  If so, what is it.  What is the default?

2. If there is a limit, can I change the limit and can I do it by device/user?

3. If the limit can be changed, how is this accomplished?

Thanks in advance.

Jeff Small

Message Edited by jsmall1234 on 01-08-2009 08:50 PM
Trusted Contributor
My Device: All of them

Re: File Size Download Limit on BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Hi,

You can amend the packet size sent to the device in the MDS settings on the BES.

You want to goto general and Maximum KB/Connection.  I think the max is 1024, we moved this to 512 to handle more data.

==============================
Be alert!
.. The world needs more lerts.

If someone has helped answer your problem, or you think their post is useful, why not hit the green KUDOS button to thank them?
My Device: Not Specified

here is the solution, hope this tool help you!

visit : www.nubiescript.com/free/split

this tool help you split large file online, so you can download it

enjoy!

Contributor
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: Vodafone

yes you can setup the max download from internet in that section ..max 10240 Kb