Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Folder Redirection Choices Get Deselected

i have a couple of users whose redirection periodically stops. when i look at their folder redirection settings on the BES (exchange), i see that the inbox is not selected. i select it, and then everything gets redirected just fine.

trouble is, i've done this a few times now and i don't know why or how the inbox is getting deselected after i've selected it at the server. smells like a blackberry desktop setting on the user's pc, but i don't know where to look.

give me your thoughts, hobson.

thanks. - ross 

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Folder Redirection Choices Get Deselected

Thank you for posting this.  We have about 1400 users on a bes hosting a co-joined db.  Ever since we upgraded to 4.16 and connected the new server to the existing db, this happened.  I am just wondering what kind of environmental issues can cause this to occur.  Do both servers need to be rebooted at the same time for patching etc?  We are using the new RIM Microsoft Outlook cleanup tool of old mail, could this be affecting it? We have about 6 per week of totally random users, who just stop receiving mail.  Then if you look in the handheld, dt manager, or account on the bes settings at redirection, you will see the inbox deselected.

Any one out there have ideas.  The log files show nothing.

Contributor

Note to creater of original email -  about half of the users who experience this do not have the dt manager on their machine............. I thought it might be related;  apparently not.Smiley Surprised
New Contributor

Greetings, i just had this exact same thing happen with one of my users, inbox reidrection would stop on the BES and change to just sent items.  Anyone every figure this out?
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I read the post a while ago and have yet to see it with any of my users.

You need to really scour the BES logs for this one.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

While I agree with you,  this problem is I have reviewed the logs myself and with Rim many many times, with no results. Smiley Surprised
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Thanks for sharing, I guess it is knot going to be an easy fix then.

What BES service pack are you on now and the affected phones OS version?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

Contributor

Thanks,  4.1 sp 6 .  We have the Argon release on our test server and are staging for the upgrade, eta approximately 30 days.  Perhaps that will resolve it.  It certainly has been a mystery for us all.

New Contributor

I am on 4.1 6 as well.

I went through the logs and noticed that right after it stopped working the BES server was looging missing folders for that user.  RIM had me take the user off of cached mode, delete the OST file, and put them back on cached mode with a new OST file created.  We are waiting to see the results.

Contributor

This is a good suggestion.  Unfortunately I wont know if it works as the issue does not repeat with the same user, it is totally random.