Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: Verizon

Forwarded Email Rejected

We have a few users who have their corporate email forwarded to their blackberry email address.  In the last few weeks we have started to see alot of the messages declined with the following message:

Remote host said: 550 #5.7.1 Your access to submit messages to this e-mail system has been rejected.

I have been unable to determine why this is going on and what we can do to help it.  Any direction or help would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Forwarded Email Rejected

i dont think there is anything we can do about it.

Maybe you sent some unfiltered mails (or ones that looked spammy) and they think that maybe you are a spammer which is causing the blocked emails.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor
My Device: Model Tourch
My Carrier: Mobilink Pakistan

We are having same problem and receiving same error message:

"Hi. This is the qmail-send program at xxx.xx.xx.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

abc@xx.xxx..xx:
178.239.87.5 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 #5.7.1 Your access to submit messages to this e-mail system has been rejected.
Giving up on 178.239.87.5."

We are getting this msg for all forwarding applied at our hosting server .

please look into it.

thanks

sarfrazh

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

you control your hosting server?

550 means relay, most server will not do this anymore

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor
My Device: Model Tourch
My Carrier: Mobilink Pakistan

we do not have control on our hosting server.

We were enjoying this setting since last five/six years and there was no problem.

But since 6th Nov 2012, we are facing this problem.

550 is relay but you can check it on mxtoolbox.com the status of our mail server and it is OK.

Blackberry is not replying to any query as failure message is coming back from thier server without mentioning any reason of recjection.

sarfraz

Guru III
My Device:

might have to contact the hoster, not something we can fix