Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

GroupWise Messenger 2.1 won't connect but 1.1 will

Help me out, I think I'm missing something very basic, I'm running GW BES 4.1.4 sp4 with Novell GroupWise Messenger 2.0.3 and when I load RIM's v2.1.10 of the GW Enterprise Messenger client on my 8830, it's will not connect. On my server (Novell Messenger server) I see the login containing the userid along with the IP address of my BES but on my 8830 BB, all I get is the revolving hour glass;  I tried this on a 7200i and I get the same.

Now the kicker is that I'm already running on the majority of my BB's, RIM GW Enterprise Messenger 1.1 with no problems, if load the older version on my 8830 or any other devices, the login works and everything is fine.

What am I missing?  is there something that needs to be updated on the BES side to make the newer version work?   Also, what is the log file name pertaining to the GW Messenger on the BES??

My Device: You wish.

Re: GroupWise Messenger 2.1 won't connect but 1.1 will

I am fairly certain that 2.1 was meant for BESG 4.1.6 when it gets released. The log from the BES side to look at has the acronym BBIM.